What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is a process of promoting other’s products for a commission on the sale. An affiliate can be a content creator or an influencer. S/he can promote as many products as s/he wants by joining affiliate programs set up by merchants.
An affiliate marketer has to send visitors to the merchant’s product landing page through affiliate links. An affiliate link is a unique link used to track visitors from an affiliate.
An affiliate program is set up by a business that wants to generate sales through affiliate marketers. A person who wants to promote the business’s product or service joins the affiliate program and generates unique affiliate links for each product/service.
Later, the affiliate marketer promotes the affiliate products to his/her audience and sends them to the merchant through the affiliate links. If someone buys the product/service from the merchant, the affiliate marketer will get a fixed commission. The commission is different for every product. Generally, a merchant with higher-margin products pays a higher commission to its affiliates.
Many content creators and influencers are interested in monetizing their audience through affiliate marketing as it is a passive income source. A content creator can include affiliate links in his/her content and generate income throughout the life of that content, provided that the creator has an audience that consumes the content. No doubt that it needs a profound strategy to make the audience buy something using the affiliate links.
The best thing about affiliate marketing is that the possibilities are infinite. You are not limited to a single product or company. You are not doing anyone’s job. You are your own boss.
You can choose the product you want to promote and promote it the way you like. The only problem with affiliate marketing is that you need to first build an audience to whom you can promote the products later. This is what most newbies struggle with.
Affiliate Marketing PDF
Get the PDF version of this guide
Table of Contents
There are three parties involved: the merchant, the promoter, and the buyer.
A merchant is a company/individual who has a product to sell. It does find some people (affiliate marketers) that can help generate sales and, in return, share the profit. The marketers will promote the product because they are getting the commission on each sale they are responsible for.
A promoter or an affiliate is anyone who promotes others’ products to get a commission. Unlike offline business, anyone who is willing to promote products can become an affiliate of any company with an affiliate program, and promote as many products as s/he wants.
A buyer is a customer who buys something from the merchant. A buyer reaches the merchant through the promoter/affiliate marketer.
Most often there is a fourth party involved in between merchant and promoter called affiliate network.
An affiliate network connects a merchant and a promoter. Merchant joins a network and lists its products. Promoters join the network, search for products they are interested in, and generate a unique link for each product.
Now, the affiliates/promoters/publishers have to promote that link to their audience. They will get a commission whenever someone visits and buys something.
Sometimes, you don’t have to sell but generate a lead for the merchant such as signup, subscriptions, etc. you’ll then be paid based on cost per lead.
This system works because it is a win-win for all four parties.
A merchant has the following benefits from affiliate marketing.
- Generate sales/revenue
- Increase brand awareness
- Competitive advantage
- Increase brand trust
When affiliate marketers continuously recommend a product, consumers tend to think that the product is trustworthy.
An affiliate network takes a small percentage of money on every transaction or sale. An affiliate marketer gets a commission and a consumer takes the help of affiliate marketers to decide the purchase.
Before purchasing something, many people have a habit of reading blogs and reviews to compare products and decide what, how, why & which to purchase. This is where marketers get a chance to promote a product they are affiliated with.
Learn more about how affiliate marketing works.
Yes. Affiliate marketing is a fast-growing industry. Any individual who persistently works hard can make money from it. People don’t like ads, but they like suggestions before making a purchase.
The total global annual spending on affiliate marketing is USD12 Billion. The market is increasing by 25% every year. Similarly, it generates 20% of the total revenue on the internet.
This data clearly illustrates how worthy affiliate marketing is. People check out the reviews and recommendations before buying. Furthermore, affiliate marketing is the major source of revenue for most online businesses. It not just helps to generate sales but also helps to increase brand awareness.
If you want to get rid of your 9 to 5 job, affiliate marketing is the best way to go. It can be your passive income source like many bloggers, marketers, and influencers out there.
It takes time to build the audience, but, once built, money keeps coming to your bank account every month.
Learn more: Is affiliate marketing worth it?
Pros of Affiliate Marketing
- Affiliate marketing can be a great passive income source for you. More than 12% of affiliate marketers make above $75K each year. If you put in the necessary efforts, you can also reach that spot.
- Faster growth compared to a job. No doubt that you can grow way faster in affiliate marketing than in a job. However, when you do a job, you’ll get a paycheck every single month, unlike affiliate marketing. But if you do the required work, you can grow exponentially.
- Easier to launch another business or expand the existing business. Once you have an audience it will be a lot easier to get success with another business. You can use the existing audience to promote your new startup.
- Authority and influence. When you keep producing and promoting content people start to know you and follow your instructions. You’ll have authority and influence on the internet. You’ll start to get familiar with other influencers and individuals in your industry.
- Freedom. This is one of the greatest benefits you get from affiliate marketing. Once you start making enough money to outsource, you are free. You can outsource everything and focus on the things that matter the most to you.
Cons of Affiliate Marketing
- Huge Competition. It just needs $20 to start an affiliate marketing site. It can even be started with no money. The fact that it takes next to zero investment to start makes it super competitive. In every niche, you’ll find huge competition. This makes it super hard to succeed.
- Takes a lot of time and effort. Competition doesn’t mean you can’t succeed. It just means that it’ll take a lot of effort and time. If you persistently work hard, then you can obviously make a living out of affiliate marketing.
- Needs affiliate marketing skills to succeed. Without a certain level of knowledge and skills, you cannot succeed in any field. Affiliate marketing isn’t an exception.
Learn more about the pros and cons of affiliate marketing.
There are 5 types of affiliate marketing divided based on how they are done. The strategies used for all 5 are different, but the goal & core concepts are the same.
- Blog Affiliate Marketing (BAM). As the name suggests, affiliate marketing done through a blog is known as Blog Affiliate Marketing (BAM). It is the most popular type used by a lot of marketers worldwide. There are more than 400M blogs around the globe and most of them are monetized through affiliate marketing.
- Video Affiliate Marketing (VAM). It is the type of affiliate marketing that’s done through videos. It is the second most popular type after BAM. YouTube is the top platform for VAM. You can promote affiliate products on YouTube by starting a channel & producing videos.
- Email Affiliate Marketing (EAM). Those who have a large email list can do affiliate marketing through email. It has the highest conversion rate than other types. That’s why, if you own a blog, you should start capturing your visitors’ email addresses with their permission.
- Social Media Affiliate Marketing (SMAM). Anyone having a large number of followers on social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. can do affiliate marketing and make money. What you’ve to do is signup with affiliate programs and start promoting the affiliate products with your followers.
- Audio Affiliate Marketing (AAM). Affiliate marketing can also be done through podcasts. Affiliate links can be placed in the audio description and products can be promoted in the audio. You can launch a podcast and do affiliate marketing. The number of users that listen to the podcast has increased in recent years.
Learn more about the types of affiliate marketing.
- Affiliate marketing is worth more than $14 billion.
- It is growing by 25% each year.
- The industry is worth $6.19 billion in the US alone.
- 74% of customers visit multiple websites to make a purchase decision.
- 15% of total online revenue is generated from affiliate marketing.
- The affiliate marketing industry is growing rapidly with no signs of stopping.
- 83% of affiliate sales are influenced by discount coupons.
- Online retailers generate over 25% of affiliate sales.
- Last year, 270 million sales were generated by affiliate marketing.
- In the USA, more than 81% of merchants have affiliate programs.
- More than 80% of total online businesses spend 10% of their budget on affiliate marketing.
- 40% of affiliate marketing revenue is generated by bloggers.
- The fashion industry has the highest number of affiliate programs.
- 83% of brands use affiliate marketing to raise brand awareness.
- 84% of content creators on the internet use affiliate marketing to monetize their content.
- Blog Affiliate Marketing (BAM) is the most popular (64.48%) type of affiliate marketing.
- 12% of affiliate marketers make over $75K a year and 35% make over $20K.
- More than 50K affiliate sites are based only on the Amazon affiliate program.
- About 64% of traffic to affiliate sites comes from the USA.
- Mobile optimized website has 51% more chances to generate an affiliate sale.
Read the complete article: Affiliate Marketing Statistics
What is affiliate marketing?
Affiliate marketing is the process of promoting other’s products for a commission. An affiliate marketer promotes the products to its audience (blog readers, social media followers, etc.), and for every sale, the affiliate is paid.
How does affiliate marketing works?
A merchant setups an affiliate program. An affiliate marketer joins the program and generates a unique affiliate link. The marketer promotes the link to his/her audience. An affiliate link is used to track the visitors. Once a person buys something, the affiliate marketer gets a commission from the merchant. This is how affiliate marketing works.
How hard is affiliate marketing?
Please, read this article: How hard is affiliate marketing?
How long does it take to be a successful affiliate marketer?
It depends upon your knowledge & skills, the time & effort you put, and the money you spend. If you don’t spend any money but work hard with a solid strategy, it may take at least 2 years to make $2K a month.
How much does it cost to start affiliate marketing?
It costs $20 (blog) or $0 (video) to start affiliate marketing provided that you do the work yourself.
How do affiliate marketers make money?
Affiliate marketers make money by promoting others’ products. They get paid based on the sales they generate.
How much do affiliate marketers make a month?
12% of successful affiliate marketers make more than $6K per month and 35% make over $2K. But, remember 90% of affiliate marketers fail. Only 10% become successful.
How can I start affiliate marketing with no money?
Please, read this article: How to start affiliate marketing with no money?
Do I need a website to be an affiliate marketer?
No, you don’t need a website to be an affiliate marketer. You can do it through social media or YouTube channels.
How can I succeed in affiliate marketing?
Can I have multiple affiliate programs on one site?
Please, read this article: Can I have multiple affiliate programs on one site?
Can you really get rich with affiliate marketing?
It isn’t a get-rich-quick scheme. It takes a lot of hard work just to make a living.
Is affiliate marketing legit?
Yes, affiliate marketing is 100% legit. More than 81% of merchants use it to generate revenue and 84% of content creators use it to monetize their content. However, you need to let the users know that you’ve used affiliate links in your content.
Is affiliate marketing dead?
No, it’s not dead. It is growing rapidly by 25% each year. People don’t believe in ads but they believe in affiliate marketers. That’s why it will be one of the top digital marketing methods in the future.
Where can I learn affiliate marketing for free?
Buzref is the best place for anyone who wants to learn affiliate marketing for free. Here, you can find lots of resources that help you to succeed in this field.
Check out more questions and answers: Affiliate Marketing FAQ
Now, let’s see how you can become an affiliate marketer. Below is the step-by-step process that you can follow.
Note: Check out this article- YouTube Affiliate Marketing
Choosing an industry
This is the first step. Before doing anything else you have to choose an industry for affiliate marketing. You’ll find products to promote for almost every niche with a few exceptions like humor and news sites.
Take a paper and a pen or open text editor on your computer. Make a list of every topic that you are familiar with. At this moment, just write topics that come to your mind.
Now, go through the list and choose a topic that you know a lot about. You’ll have to produce content around that topic. So, choose something you are comfortable writing articles about.
No need to overcomplicate things. Just choose one that’s a part of your day-to-day life. To make it easier, check what types of videos/blogs you search on YouTube/Google. Think about what you like and know the most: watches, computers, smartphones, decoration, beauty products, motorbikes, traveling, etc.
Now, search for the products related to the industry you selected on affiliate networks such as Amazon, Clickbank, CJ Affiliates, eBay, ShareASale, etc. Check out a few products that you can promote later. Moreover, you can look at the product categories to get niche ideas.
How to Choose the Right Affiliate Products?
The most popular affiliate networks are:
- Amazon Associates
- eBay Network
- CJ Affiliates
Initially, signup for all these major affiliate networks.
Now think about the products you use or have used. Are there any products your potential customers might be interested in, or products you may like to promote?
Search for those products on these affiliate networks. Most of the products can be found on Amazon.
Below are the tips that can help you choose the right affiliate products.
- As much as possible, try to choose products that you have used or know about.
- Check the quality of both the product and the landing page of the product. Answer this question: why would anybody buy this product?
- Don’t just promote products that have higher commissions. Think about the quality and the value they have for your audience.
- If you promote any products that may harm or provide no value to users, you may end up losing the trust of your audience. Trust is the reason why people will buy from you.
Now, get the affiliate links for a few products that you can promote. Use excel sheets or Google sheets for this.
How to do Affiliate Marketing?
In this section, I have described 5 ways of doing affiliate marketing. You are not limited to a single one. You can use multiple methods to do it, each one has its pros and cons.
It doesn’t matter what way you choose to promote your products. If you do it strategically giving your best, you can succeed. But, if you do it wrong you cannot succeed whichever method you choose. So, give your full attention to learn and implement things told in this guide. It will be very helpful to you.
Content marketing is the best and most popular way to do affiliate marketing. You have to write content that people want to read. People read content that provides value.
For content marketing, you need to set up a blog. It is very hard to do affiliate marketing without a website. So, I always recommend building one.
There are four steps for doing affiliate marketing through content marketing.
Step 1: Setting up a blog
Setting up a blog is so easy. You just have to buy a domain name (costs around $10) and hosting (starts from $3 a month).
You can find many tutorials online to help you set up a blog.
Step 2: Creating content
The second step is to create valuable content for your users; content that solves users’ problems.
Do keyword research and find topics that users are looking for. Additionally, you can find what your users are talking about on Quora, Reddit, and Niche Forums.
Now create high-quality affiliate marketing content for those topics.
Step 3: Monetizing the content through affiliate links
After creating the content, wisely monetize it through affiliate links.
Remember, when users feel like you are trying to sell them the products, they won’t buy. They should feel like you are showing them a way to get what they want.
Step 4: Bring traffic to the site
You created a blog, wrote a few high-quality posts, monetize it through affiliate links; now what?
Well, you’ve just done have of the work. The remaining 50% of your effort should be on promoting your blog so that people visit it and buy something.
The great traffic source is Google. So make the posts rank on Google for consistent organic traffic.
If you are an influencer on social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, or Pinterest, you have a great opportunity to earn from the followers you have built.
However, starting from scratch is not a good idea if you are not willing to spend on ads.
If individual posts on your social media account get on an average 1000+ views, you can easily monetize it and earn. However, it mostly depends upon the quality of your followers.
For example, if you want to promote blogging-related products and most of your followers are bloggers then the conversion rate will be higher than if they are not.
So, the first important thing to do is studying your followers. Try to find the answers to the following questions about your followers.
- What is their profession?
- What type of content do they consume on the internet/social media?
- What type of people/businesses do they follow?
- What are their interests?
- What is their age, gender, income, country, and so on?
Try to find as much information as you can about your followers and then decide which products they will likely buy.
The same thing as content marketing applies here as well: give something before taking. Create the value first. Produce content that your audience is interested in and show them the products as a means to solve their problems.
If you have an ad budget, you can even start from scratch and generate sales and revenue from affiliate marketing.
First, know who you want to sell to. Then, target them with ads about their interests and increase your following.
Initially, you should focus on building an audience than selling. Create content that interests your audience and build trust. Later you can easily convert those followers into paying customers.
Email marketing is a process of collecting the email addresses of your targeted audience (with their permission) and sending them targeted emails for profit.
You can promote your products, blog posts, offers, webinars, courses, etc. through email campaigns.
People should give you their email addresses and are willing to receive emails from you. Sending someone continuous emails without their permission is against law. So, you should avoid this.
There are several methods of collecting the email addresses of your target audience. Common ways of gathering email addresses through a blog are:
- Welcome bars
- Sidebar/ header embeds
- Content upgrades
- Printable resources like PDFs
- Comments/contact forms
Email marketing is a low-cost & high return on investment strategy. You should utilize every opportunity to collect your audience’s email addresses.
Tips for sending email campaigns
- Don’t directly promote affiliate products every time you send an email campaign. Instead, bring them to your blog posts where they can convert. Occasionally, you can directly introduce your offers to them providing some form of value.
- Give more than you ask for. Otherwise, the subscribers will start decreasing.
- Have a visible link to unsubscribe in the emails you send. Otherwise, they may get frustrated and never buy from you. Trust is what makes the relationship healthy between you and your followers.
- Track your email campaigns, analyze the data and improve the quality of your emails over time.
Videos consumers are increasing day by day. Video marketing is very effective for affiliate marketing.
More than 2 billion users watch videos on YouTube every month. It is the second largest search engine right after Google. You can get high-quality traffic from YouTube to your blog or affiliate site.
You can promote affiliate products directly on YouTube or bring that traffic to your website. If you start a blog and a YouTube channel at the same time, you’ll find that the YouTube channel grows faster in the first few years.
All the principles that apply to a blog also apply to video marketing. You should only create high-quality videos to get better results. Don’t just be there to sell, but to create the best possible videos for the targeted audience. Create high-quality, engaging videos and focus more on building trust than anything else.
If you have a budget to spend on ads, you can get results from the first day.
You can run pay-per-click (PPC) ads on Google or Bing. The search results you see on top (or other places) with an ad watermark are PPC ads.
Sidebar shopping ads on Google looks like this:
You have to pay a certain amount of money for every click you get. You won’t be charged for impressions.
Bing ads are generally cheaper than Google ads but you’ll get more exposer on Google as it has more than 80% of the search market.
You need to have a website to run Google ads. You will get highly targeted traffic to your blog. Your blog should then be able to convert those visitors to paying customers.
If your conversion rate is very low you might end up losing money on ads. So before running any ad, make sure you get higher conversion rates for a better return on investment.
Another important thing to care about is to focus on the quality of the landing page. Make sure it is 100% relevant to the search queries you are targeting.
Search engines, especially Google look for the quality and relevancy of the landing page to determine its position on paid search. You can rank higher even if you are paying less than your competitors provided that you have higher quality and more relevant landing pages.
To run Google ads create an AdWords account.
Read the comprehensive guide on how to start affiliate marketing.
There are three stages to become a merchant.
Having an offering
Firstly, you need to have a product or service. You may already have one or you want to create one.
There’re two types of products/services: digital and physical. For affiliate marketing, digital products have a lot of benefits over physical ones, such as:
- It is easier to find affiliates
- You can get customers and affiliates from any country in the world
- Some products are easier to create in digital form than physical such as eBooks, courses, and training.
- Comparatively, less investment is needed to create a digital product.
That’s why, if you are creating a product for affiliate marketing from the scratch, you may want to create a digital product.
Some of the common offerings that are easier to create are given below.
- eBook, Course, or Training
- Online Tool or Software
- Paid membership or content
- Freelancing services such as graphic designing, web development, technical assistant, content writing, etc.
- Domain registration or web-hosting services
- WordPress plugins or themes
Make sure you have a large target audience for the product you want to create. A higher number of consumers also means a higher number of affiliates.
Before setting up an affiliate program, you need to know about:
- Your targeted audience: their age, gender, profession, purchasing habit, interests, residence, etc.
- The market: competition, problem, solutions, etc.
- The product: quality, the problem it solves, uniqueness, etc.
Setting up an affiliate program
The next step is to set up an affiliate program. Affiliate marketers can join your affiliate program and start promoting your products. You need to track visitors from every affiliate and keep an eye on the activities of the visitors. An affiliate link is used to track visitors from an affiliate.
You have to set up a system where affiliate marketers can sign up for your affiliate program and generate a unique affiliate link for each product. An affiliate link looks like this: https://yourdomain.com/aff-id=123abcxyz&product-id=zyxcba321/
You also have to set up payment methods. The most popular payment methods are PayPal, Payoneer, and direct deposit. You should provide all three options to your affiliates. To set up an affiliate program you need a developer. You can hire a web developer or find one on freelancing platforms.
You need to guide and provide support to your affiliates, that’s why you may need to hire a few more staff.
Getting affiliate marketers
Setting up an affiliate program is easy but finding affiliates who will promote your product is difficult. One thing you can do is add your program to affiliate networks. An affiliate network connects affiliates with programs. It lists all the partner affiliate programs and provides tools to affiliates to search & join programs and generate affiliate links. You may have to share some profit with these networks, but they help you to get exposure to tons of affiliates.
Besides affiliate networks, you can run ads on social media, or Google. You can also reach out to the top affiliate marketers in your industry and ask them if they are interested in promoting your products as an affiliate. You can promote your affiliate program to your existing audiences such as blog readers, email subscribers, and social media followers.
It all costs money. So, to get a better return on investment (ROI) you need to be able to attract affiliates and convert visitors.
Affiliate marketers generally look at the following three things in an affiliate program:
- Relevance, and
Remember, your landing pages must be optimized for maximum conversion.
Learn more about how to start an affiliate program and become an affiliate merchant.
So far, we have learned a lot of technical aspects about affiliate marketing. Now let’s look at some of the mistakes most beginners make.
You should avoid these mistakes to increase your chances of success.
Note: Read the original article- Affiliate Marketing Mistakes
#1 Not having a business goal
Most beginners are unaware of what they are doing or trying to accomplish.
Making money is the ultimate goal for every business. But you don’t make money with that goal in mind. You need to be strategic on how you’ll do things that will give the results you want.
Before doing anything, make realistic goals and try to accomplish them with the timeframe you set.
Having goals keeps you consistent with your work and motivates you to keep working. Read the goals every day before starting the day and plan what you can do today to accomplish them.
Initially, it may be hard to exactly determine what you can accomplish within a certain period but once you start building daily, weekly, monthly and annual goals it will start getting easier to build more realistic goals.
#2 I’m here to make money mindset
The only thing most newbies have in mind is profit. But, you won’t make money just because you have a blog and affiliate links added to it.
It is necessary to understand your audience. Know what they want. Try to give something to the world before expecting anything in return. This is the key to success.
The more value you can create the more you will earn. Put all your efforts to build trust and authority before trying to sell anything.
Succeeding in online business takes time. When you have a money mindset, you lose interest to work and quit as you won’t see any immediate results.
#3 Focusing on immediate results than long term growth
The true sign of success is persistent hard work with the intense desire of doing something great that nobody has ever done. You won’t get big by desiring small. To do great things you have to be patient, determined, and persistent and give your best. But, the greatest mistake one does is focus on the immediate results.
They spam everywhere (social media, blog comments, forums), do their best to find places where they can put their links. By doing this you may get immediate traffic or even a few sales but you are ruining your future as an affiliate marketer or a blogger.
Instead, your focus should be on building long-term relationships with influencers, your audience, and other people in your industry. Take it as a real business that has a future.
The key lesson is to focus on long-term growth than wishing to get everything by tomorrow. Growth takes time, continuous effort, and learning, so accept it.
#4 Being self-centric
Who do you create content for?
You may think it’s for your audience. But, no matter what type of content you produce (articles, videos, podcasts, infographics, eBooks, etc.), if there are more ‘I’s than ‘you’s in it, one thing is obvious that you are not writing it for your audience.
If you are not creating content for your audience, why will they read it and buy anything?
Know who you are writing for. Understand what they want and write for them. Don’t create what you want but create what they want.
#5 Thinking like a writer
A good writer understands his/her readers. There’s nothing wrong with thinking like a writer as long as you understand your readers. But, many people use hard vocabulary, jargons (technical words), and overcomplicate sentences.
There won’t be any problem for a native speaker to understand it but they aren’t the only ones who will read your content.
For the majority of internet users, English is the second language. Therefore, if your target audience isn’t native English speakers, always use plain English and explain any jargon used within the text.
Think more like a marketer that knows who his/her customers are.
Growing Affiliate Marketing Business
The last thing I would like to talk about is the growth of your business. It is a crucial thing to work for.
You won’t succeed unless you have a solid strategy to grow your online business. Below are a few things you can do.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
SEO is a process of optimizing your content and website so that it ranks higher on the organic search result.
Following SEO best practices is a great way to rank on Google and get high-quality passive traffic.
When a person has to buy something s/he searches on Google for reviews and recommendations. You have a great opportunity to create what users search for and bring that traffic to your site.
Focus on both on-page SEO and link building. They are equally important; avoid one and you may not get the results.
Building relationships with influencers and other bloggers in your industry
Building relationships with influencers & other bloggers will help you to get more exposure and a chance to introduce your brand to a new audience.
A few ways of building relationships with influencers are:
- Following them on social media
- Regularly comment on their blog and social media posts
- Regularly share their content on social media and tag them
- Mention them on your blog and contact them to let them know
- Reach them out for advice and quotations
- Asking for guest blogging on their website
- Asking for an interview
The most effective way to build a relationship with other bloggers in your industry is through partnership. Connect them on social media or send them an email asking for a partnership. Remember, they will only collaborate with you if they get the equal value you are getting. So, choose them carefully.
You can collaborate on the following things:
- Creating a course
- Organizing a webinar
- Making an eBook
- Guest post exchange
- Newsletter exchange
- Exchanging interview
- Creating a podcast
You are not limited to the ideas mentioned here. Try to find more ways. It will grow both your and your partners’ brand.
Building your own audience
Another great way to grow your affiliate business is by building your own audience.
What are you dependent on to bring traffic to your website? Probably, Social Media, Google, Communities, and Forums are your major source of traffic.
If this is the case, you have another great opportunity pending on the table.
Email marketing is my favorite way to build my own audience. I’ve already described email marketing. If you haven’t read it carefully, please go back and read it.
Your email list is something you own that you can use anytime you want to generate traffic to your site. The larger the email list you have the more revenue you can generate.
Focus on building authority and trust
People buy from those who they trust and listen to those who have authority.
Invest most of your time in building the trust and authority of your brand. It will pay you later.
Few things you can do to increase brand trust and authority are:
- Be honest with what you write and offer.
- Don’t just talk about the positive points of the products you promote. If they have any flaws just tell.
- Focus on growing your business as described above.
- Improve the user experience through customer support.
- Send the letter of appreciation if anyone buys something using your affiliate links.
- Avoid grammar or spelling mistakes on your blog posts.
- Show data or research to prove your claims.
Reinvesting and creating something new
Don’t spend everything you earn from your blog, instead, invest back to grow it.
Create something new that creates additional value to your users such as a free tool, an eBook, or a course. It also helps you to get new visitors to your website and keeps existing users engage with your brand.